Thursday, August 25, 2011

Thoughts

The war is going well. My brothers and sisters in the Knighthood continue to treat me well, though I wonder sometimes what they really think of me. I admire and respect my superiors, an altogether new experience for me. I met "Red" the other day. Strange child, but fiery, and I approve of that. Fearless too, like me at that age. Shalee seems to be my closest associate, and I greatly enjoy her company. I also met her "friend" Tigerfish. We seemed to get along. Eran seems a bit gruff, but I suspect it is mostly stress from the tumultuous combination of his personal and work life. Raphael, well, what can you say about him?

We faced tragedy in the loss of Raze and Victoria Valadeus. They both were very respected voices in the community. I didn't get to know them as well as I should have. I have been too preoccupied with my own search for information regarding the relationship between both of my surrogate fathers, as well as my own sudden need for absolution, the latter being more of a surprise than the former. Regardless, the loss of the Valadei hit me and I felt something I hadn't in a long time: mortal. I drank a lot. Things weren't any clearer the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment