Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Farewell from Beyond the Veil

Letter from Titus Haijikioten to Ryven Krennel:

Ryven,
No man walks eagerly toward death. You are reading this, so we can safely assume I am dead. You probably have also been informed you are a very wealthy man. Despite your denial by taking that garbage Gallente name, you are a Haijikioten, the last scion of a house of murderers, thieves, pirates, and. the like, but a proud one no less. I never was good at emotional shit, but, since I won't be around for this, I can express to you the closeness I had with you. I have gone my entire life without children of my own, and through no one's fault but my own. I felt that void acutely. And then I found you. You filled the position of a son for me, and I loved you as one. As such, I have a gift for you. I sent in an applicstion to the State War Academy for you. Yes, I forged your signature. I applied you for their capsuleer program. Immortality, my boy. Their response arrived already. You're accepted, and have up to one year to enroll. Consider it my last request that you do so. Pull our family out of the dregs and make something of yourself. Find a nice girl, maybe? Hump like rabbits and have some little shithead welps running around. At any rate, this is me saying goodbye. Do me proud.

-Titus

No comments:

Post a Comment