Monday, February 21, 2011

The Present Cloud

      With naught but a name, a man can rise.  I have not always been Ryven Krennel, nor have I always been so callously unmoved by the sea of death that is New Eden. Warring States, Companies, brothers, friends. Everywhere war. And always, like a moth to flame, I am drawn to it. I have danced this dance with death for my whole adult life. This was not always so.
      How did I get here? How did a murderous Caldari merc-spawn find himself a member of an Amarr religious and martial order? I would say a man reaches a point where he must choose to either break the levees and give in to his inner demons, or seek some pure cause through which to channel that raging beast toward some higher good. The story of my journey on this path of conflict, both without and within, is one for another time. For now, only the proximate cause is of concern. That cause is a need to end the reckless cycle of blind violence and replace it with a purpose. 
       That being said, the others in the Knighthood have treated me well, and seem to accept me as one of them. I am not certain I am right for this religion of thiers. Perhaps I will read up on it in the rare downtime war affords. Perhaps that can make sense of this tangled contradiction that is my bloodthirst.  Perhaps I can find peace somewhere other than the heat of the battlefield.

No comments:

Post a Comment