Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Reflections

I have come a long way from the angry child in the orphanage to here. I finally know peace. This new home I have found, the refuge of my faith, and a divinely appointed purpose have redirected my rage, and replaced it with fervor. I am not a zealot. I do not hate my enemy. I do not hold him in disdain. I do feel it is my God-given purpose to vanquish him, for the protection of God's chosen, even though I am not among them. I can only hope God will smile upon me and the work I do in His name.
Yesterday I encountered a pirate and we battled in single combat. We flew the same model ship, and it was a close match. I managed to defeat him, my ship trailing smoke and flame behind me. I felt exhilirated. I also felt myself at complete peace with the world around me. This is where I belong: at the razor's edge, where flesh meets its end.

No comments:

Post a Comment